How to help fund this work
You have multiple ways to contribute:
1. Set up a regular automatic gift. A monthly check sent automatically by your financial institution makes it easy for you, allows most people to give more than they could in a single annual gift, and provides reliable support for this work.
Most financial institutions offer such a service without charge, especially if you have online access to your account. Go to your institutions's website and search for "BillPay".
Here you'll find links to online instructions for setting up such recurring payments with a few institutions that supporters have used:
- Bank of America
- Coastal Federal Credit Union
- First Citizens
- Latino Community Credit Union
- Local Government Federal Credit Union
- Mechanics and Farmers
- PNC Bank
- RBC Bank
- Self-Help Credit Union
- State Employees Credit Union (SECU)
- Wells Fargo
Set up the gifts on a schedule that works well for you. Most people set them to happen on the same day each month, for instance. You can cancel or change the arrangement whenever you want.
Instruct your financial institution to make the checks payable to "Russell Herman" and mail them to P.O. Box 10233, Raleigh, NC 27605-0233.
If your financial institution gives you any problem in setting up your regular gift and you can't get them to solve it, please let me know. I have no magical power over financial institutions, but sometimes I can help in finding a solution.
I would like to donate $1,000
I would like to donate $500
I would like to donate $250
I would like to donate $100
I would like to donate $50
I would like to name my own amount.
4. Contribute anonymously. Some people prefer to make their contributions anonymous (as a spiritual discipline or for other reasons). I welcome such gifts and try to respect donors' wishes for anonymity.
If you want to contribute while concealing your identity from me, you can do so by getting a cashier's check from your financial institution made out to "Russell Herman" and mailing it to Russell Herman, P.O. Box 10233, Raleigh, NC 27605-0233. (Please take care to address the envelope correctly and legibly and to apply sufficient postage. Without a return address, a misaddressed envelope cannot return to you.) If the check and envelope do not contain any information identifying you (such as your name or account number), your anonymity should remain safe. Though I will have much curiosity about your identity, I have so far kept myself from seeking to identify anonymous donors.